Translate this page:
Prices, Availability & Booking
Click below to check availability and prices for your stay at Heavenfield Cottage, and book online.
To see the tariff table for Heavenfield Cottage, click below.
If you’re celebrating a special occasion or just want to treat yourselves we can provide some little extras to ensure you stay is everything you want it to be. These additional items can be added to your stay during the booking process, please just tick the appropriate option.
Original Grazer Box by Pan's Pantry - £35/£25
We will arrange delivery of a freshly prepared and boxed selection of cheese and charcuterie, crackers, pickles and gherkins, olives, ricotta stuffed peppers, nuts, homemade hummus with veg sticks, seasonal fruits and homemade chutney.
Veggie Grazer Box by Pan's Pantry - £30
We will arrange delivery of a freshly prepared and boxed selection of cheeses, crackers, homemade 3 herb falafel, ricotta stuffed peppers, olives, pickles and gherkins, seasonal fruits, homemade hummus and veg sticks, nuts and homemade chutney.
Afternoon Tea Box for 2 - £35
We will arrange a freshly prepared and boxed afternoon tea for 2 including a selection of sandwiches together with sausage rolls, quiche, Victoria sponge cake, brownies plain and fruit scones with jam and clotted cream. All you will need to do is put the kettle on and enjoy! Please note afternoon tea is only available on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Northumbrian Breakfast Pack - £5 per person
A breakfast pack for one person includes 2 links of award winning breakfast sausage, 2 rashers of dry cured back bacon and a piece of black pudding. All made by local business Castle Hams.
Grazing Boxes, Afternoon Tea Boxes and breakfast packs can be delivered in time for your arrival or on any day of your stay, please just leave us a message in the booking notes.
If you're celebrating a special occasion we can arrange delivery of a beautiful bouquet of Northumbrian Flowers together with a large gift box of locally made chocolates to ensure your celebration stay is all you want it to be.
Please read these booking conditions carefully, and contact us if you have any questions.
The Contract for a short-term holiday rental will be between RR, E & JR Reay (referred to as “we or us”) and the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party (referred to as “your or you”) in the following booking conditions. UK Law will govern the contract. The contract of hire is not effective until we have processed the deposit. The contract will be subject to these booking conditions, and must be complied with. The lead person making the booking must be at least 18 years of age at the time of booking and prior to arrival.
Making a Booking
Our prices and availability can be viewed on-line. Bookings can be made by contacting us by email or telephone or by completing the on-line booking process. Payment can be made by BACS, cheque or can be made by credit or debit card using our on-line payment system. Any booking taken will be held provisionally for four days to allow time for your payment to reach us if you have paid by BACS or cheque. All bookings are subject to final email confirmation by us when payment is received.
Payment and Deposit
All bookings are subject to written confirmation. A deposit is payable at the time of booking of 30% of the total amount, and we will confirm in writing once this has been received. If for any reason you have to cancel your holiday more than eight weeks prior to your arrival date, you may be liable for the deposit unless we are able to re-let the cottage. If you cancel less than eight weeks prior to arrival, you may be liable for the whole cost. We will in any event endeavour to re-let the cottage and if successful we will make a full refund less an administration charge of £30 Please note if your original payment was made by card, any refund made to you will have the card merchant fees deducted before any refund is made to you.
If for any reason we are unable to accept the booking, the deposit will be fully refunded.
The full balance is due eight weeks before your arrival date: if this is not received on time, we reserve the right to cancel the holiday and the deposit will be lost.
If booking less than eight weeks prior to your arrival date, the full amount is due when booking is made.
- If a national lockdown coincides with your dates booked and means we are unable to open and you are prevented from travelling, all monies paid are either refundable to you or your stay transferable to an alternative future date.
- If a regional/local lockdown prevents us from opening or you from travelling, all monies paid are either refundable to you or your stay transferable to an alternative future date.
- If we have to cancel your stay due to us or household member presenting with Covid-19 symptoms we will let you know as soon as possible. In this event, we will attempt to find you alternative accommodation with your approval. However, if this is not possible or is unacceptable to you, we will refund all monies paid by you or if you prefer re-book your stay for another mutually convenient time. Whatever the circumstances, our liability to you will not extend beyond a full refund. We shall not be responsible for any consequential loss.
- If we have to cancel your stay due to a past guest showing symptoms of Covid-19 we will let you know as soon as possible. In this event, we will attempt to find you alternative accommodation with your approval. However, if this is not possible or is unacceptable to you, we will refund all monies paid by you or if you prefer re-book your stay for another mutually convenient time. Whatever the circumstances, our liability to you will not extend beyond a full refund. We shall not be responsible for any consequential loss.
- Should you be suffering from any of the symptoms of Coronavirus we would politely request that you do not travel to us or stay with us but follow the recommended government guidelines on isolation. Please let us know as soon as possible that you need to cancel your stay - normal cancellation policy applies.
- Cancellation more than eight weeks before arrival date – normal cancellation policy applies
- Cancellation less than eight weeks before arrival date due to Coronavirus - we will endeavour to re-let the cottage and if successful we will make a full refund to you of monies paid less a £30 administration fee. If we are unable to re-let the cottage we will retain 50% of the cost of your stay and hold 50% over to a future stay.
- During your stay should you become unwell with the symptoms of Covid-19 or you are contacted by the Government Test & Trace service you must notify us immediately and vacate the property to isolate at home straight away. No refund of the cost of your stay will be made. However, the charges for the legislated cleaning of the property following a suspected case of Covid-19 will be met by us and no charge will be made to you.
- If you are unwell and unable to travel home as recommended or are advised by a healthcare professional to self-isolate at the property due to Covid-19, then all fees for all bookings affected by this self-isolation at our property will be borne by you.
- WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT TRAVEL INSURANCE IS OBTAINED FOR ALL BOOKINGS MADE
- In line with government legislation some changes have had to be made to the cottage and procedures. Our new protocol is available on request.
Our prices are quoted in Pounds sterling. The rent is fully inclusive of central heating, electricity, bed linen, duvets, towels and tea towel.
Only the persons listed in the booking request, or notified to us and accepted by us afterwards, may stay in the property. The maximum occupancy of the property is two adults and one baby. Please note this property is not suitable for toddlers or young children. Adults and Children over 12 years only please.
Cots and High Chairs
No cot or high chair are provided.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept pets in the cottage.
For the comfort of all our guests, smoking and vaping are not permitted.
Once you have booked your stay with us and we have accepted your booking, our agreement is a legal contract. If for any reason you have to cancel your holiday, more than eight weeks prior to your arrival date, you may be liable for the deposit unless we are able to re-let the cottage. If you cancel less than eight weeks prior to arrival, you may be liable for the whole cost. We will in any event endeavour to re-let the cottage and if successful we will make a full refund less an administration charge of £30. If for any reason we are unable to accept the booking, the deposit will be refunded. Once you have booked your stay with us and we have accepted your booking, our agreement is a legal contract and any deposit you may have paid may be non-refundable.
If you need to cancel, please contact us immediately and confirm it in writing.
We strongly recommend that you obtain suitable holiday insurance to avoid any loss owing to cancellation.
We will only cancel your booking if your accommodation becomes unavailable for reasons beyond our control. In this unlikely event, we will attempt to find you alternative accommodation. However, if this is not possible or unacceptable to you, we will refund all monies paid by you. Whatever the circumstances, our liability to you will not extend beyond a full refund. We shall not be responsible for any consequential loss.
Inspection and Maintenance
We or our representatives shall be allowed access to the accommodation at any reasonable time for inspection or maintenance.
Damages and Breakages
We are very proud of our cottage and expect our guests to treat it as if it were their own home. Please take good care of it, and on your departure please leave it in a neat and tidy fashion. We do not normally charge for minor breakages, but you will be held responsible for repair or making good if we consider any damage or breakage is significant or for replacement of lost keys. Please report any damage or breakages as soon as they occur.
Please report without delay any defects in the property or any breakdown of equipment or appliances, so that we can make arrangements for repair or replacement as soon as possible.
We do not accept any liability for any loss, damage or inconvenience to you or any member of your party, or any vehicles or possessions belonging to any of them, howsoever caused, nor shall we be liable for any additional expenses incurred by you whether directly or indirectly caused by or arising from any aspect of your booking with us. Under no circumstances shall our liability to you exceed the amount paid by you to us.
Wifi is provided for the guest's reasonable use. The guest agrees to reasonable and lawful usage of this service.
We will always try to ensure that the content of this website is always accurate, honest, and up-to-date. However, all content, including prices are subject to change without notice.
If you choose to sign up to our mailing list, we will retain the information supplied by you for the purpose of periodically informing you by email of any news, special offers, cancellations or last minute availability. We treat your data in strict confidence. Your data will never be sold. As members of Premier Cottages we have agreed to provide them with names, postal addresses and email addresses of all guests that stayed with us in the previous year, in order that these guests may be sent information by Premier Cottages from time to time. If at any time you wish your details not to be shared with Premier Cottages please contact us and we will ensure your details are not passed on. We will remove your details from our mailing list on request.
Arrival and Departure
On the day of your arrival, the cottage will be available from 4.00 pm. Please indicate your anticipated arrival time when booking so we are able to welcome you. On the day of departure, please vacate the cottage by 10.00 am. (9.30am departure and 4.30pm arrival during the current coronavirus situation please)